In the afternoon of July, 23, The 11th Crossing Zhujiang River was taking place in Guangzhou downtown. To coincide with every-four-year Olympic year, the theme of the campaign this year is “National Fitness initiated by Olympics”.
Contestants Praise for Water Quality of Zhujiang River
It is learned that crossing Zhujiang river is a traditional mass sports activity in Guangzhou, but later stopped as a result of water pollution. After years of remediation, the water quality has been improved, and this event restarted in 2006. It already held on 11 times continuously and became a mass sport activity brand that makes a difference.
Health Benefits of Swimming
Regular Swimming activity is good for everyone’s health, and people of all ages and body types can be physically active. Crossing Zhujiang River Month is a great time to spread the word about the benefits of getting active.
Health benefits of swimming are as follows:
- keeps your heart rate up but takes some of the impact stress off your body;
- builds endurance, muscle strength and cardiovascular fitness;
- helps maintain a healthy weight, healthy heart and lungs;
- tones muscles and builds strength;
- provides an all-over body workout, as nearly all of your muscles are used during swimming.
How to get more people involved in Crossing Zhujiang River?
In fact, we can use this campaign of crossing Zhujiang river to make more people involved.
Here are just a few ideas:
- This event even attracted a number of journalists to report, we can use these media platforms to spread it;
- More propaganda of knowledge about swimming to raise awareness of health;
- More similar activities to involve more people, especially young generation.Some pictures were taken from network.